Dairy Industry Packaging Lines
Ehanced hygiene, reduced contamination on package and filler: due to the foam control effect, dairy stays in the bottle, can or carton instead of contaminating the bottle and carton filling line zone resulting in a cleaner line and potentially reduced cleaning cycles/CIP (energy, water, chemical saving, reduced down time on filler). Eliminating contamination and risk for microbial growth on the caps, threads and seal of the package.
Increased filling line speed (5-40%): enhanced productivity gains or reduced operational days per week (savings on labour, energy, water, cleaning cycle/chemicals, waste treatment)
Reduced dairy losses by an average 1ml to 5ml per carton or bottle: due to the foam compression effect, dairy losses are reduced and more dairy is kept in the bottle or carton. Adjustment of the fill settings (volumetric filler) or tube length on filler valves (mechanical filler) allows for the beverage saving to be realized.
Reduced dairy waste (waste treatment cost): reduced waste treatment costs (dairy/water/chemicals)
Reduced bottle & carton rejects due to underfill: reduced dairy losses, packaging material and reduction in waste treatment costs
Enhanced efficiency of filling lines where nitrogen dosing is applied: due to the defoaming effect in the bottle or package prior to capping, increased nitrogen dosing efficiency and greater nitrogen content in the capped bottle or package.
Applicable to skimmed milk, semi-skimmed milk, full fat milk, dairy mixers/smoothies (fruit flavours, chocolate, caramel, coffee), coffee milk drinks
Foam Control Models
- S-300 model designed for filling speeds up to 50,000 bottles or cans per hour
- S-500 model designed for filling speeds up to 85,000 bottles per hour or 120,000 cans per hour
Key Technical Points
- Applicable to any type of filler: standard rotary filler, aseptic or hot-fill lines, linear fillers, pouch fillers
- No external cooling required for transducer system on the filling line
- Installation time of the foam control unit is fast meaning minimum down-time of the line (less than 1 hour)
- Applicable to Glass, RGB, PET, Can, Carton, Pouch packaging materials (100ml up to 5 liter package size)
- Defoaming unit: Easy bolt-on to existing bottle, can or other packaging line operations
- Low energy consumption technology (less than 80 watts)
- Extremely low maintenance costs (no moving parts associated with the unit)
- Fully automated to the filling line plc and operation
- Stainless steel design specification: fully resistant to chemicals used in the cleaning process and high pressure hot water
- Polished hygienic design for easy clean during the cleaning/CIP cycle
- IP67 water proof design specification